Saturday, May 9, 2009

Sports of our lives...

What have sports come to now a days? Who the frig knows anymore? Tonight I was ridiculed for saying that I thought sports were scripted, but in a way it seems to be, but its actually more like a soap opera. Everyday there is something new, someone is coming out of retirement, another big star connected to steroids, someone gets a death threat, basketball has turned into the WWF, (ok, WWE, not the WorldWildlifeFoundation, WWF is so much better though). What next? I really think there isnt much more, but never be content with that thought because someone will slap you upside the head and prove you wrong. SportsCenter has gone from score central, which it still does, best chance is by watching it for the BottomLine, but it is now a soap opera. Now, this doesnt completely bother me because If I had to chance to become a sports reporter I wouldnt really have to look far to find a story, but nothing is consistent anymore and its kind of a shame, but its how you look at it. Its hard for our future generations to have role models, because they are all cheaters or law breakers or selfish selfabsorbed asses. I fear for the future because more and more the focus is going to go from the score of the game to whose doin what. I think single handedly the media is to blame for the corruption of sports. Sports, unfortunately, will never be the same again, never...

So til next time followers, Goodnight and Goodluck.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree marc! it's so sad what they talk about on sportscenter sometimes... I remember watching sportscenter every morning in highschool and it was fun and still good and guess what... related to real sports stuff (yea i seriously watched). That phase did pass but I feel now it's just talking about something that a player did off the field. The fucking Clemens steroid saga was literally on for 3 weeks straight..the same storyy.

    And then there's the ridiculous pay. You are sooo right about these so called "role models." It seems like no one believes in the sanctity of a team. They are supposed to be your brothers that you live and die for, but apparently they are temporary partners in the success that will hopefully make u more dolla bills. I'll end with one of the greatest quotes I've ever heard from Chelsea Handler's show (And I found it on the internet actually!): "has anyone heard this baseball player manny ramirez for the dodgers... what kind of gay name is that? so this guy manny is upset because he was only offered $45 million to play for two years...and I just want to say fuck you manny ramirez, you dickface.. Jesus how about being thankful for getting overpaid for hitting a ball with a stick and doing a job you love while millions of people in this country would gladly work for $4.50 an hour at a job they hate just to get by right now..FUCK YOUUU manny you dreadlock loser."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damnit E, very insightful, it really is a shame, I'm glad to see someone understand where Im coming from, I know there are many others who feel the same. That couldve been a blog for you in itself haha. Very Elloquent.

    ReplyDelete