Thursday, June 25, 2009

America's Most Wanted

July 31st will be an epic night in the 22 year long life I have lived so far. Weezy F. Baby and Drizzy Drake Rogers will be drugging me up beyond belief. But not of crack, heroin, marijuana or any other recreational drugs, I will be both high and intoxicated with what I believe to be great music, I know everyone has their opinions and that’s fine. Its like Sean at a Keith Urban concert or Adam at a Taylor show or Money at the three ring circus or Steve at Coldplay or Brett at All-American Rejects or Dan and Ryan at whatever concert it may be cause Im not really sure what their like favorite band is. I’ve dreamed of the day I would be in the same vicinity as Dwayne Michael Carter as my obsession with his music grew some 3 years ago. What could be better than seeing Mr. Young Mula himself? O teacher call on me! I know! I know! I know! Yes Tomo… Having Mr. Degrassi on the same stage on the same night. Drake is new to the mainstream limelight but he’s been putting it down for some time now. Its unfortunate I didn’t find out about him soon, because he was just so underground that I was blind to it. Degrassi star (Great show, reason my Drake fix began) turned rapper/R&B already has one of the biggest buzz’s across the country with two songs in the top ten on the Billboard chart without actually being signed to a label yet, a very rare and incredible feat, this is just the beginning of his recognition. I have said and will continue to say he is the next Lil Wayne, where before you know it, you will not be able to turn the corner without hearing him. To my followers and friends I am just preparing you for the storm that is Drake. He is the second act at the show behind Jeremiah who sings “birthday sex” but seeing him will be just as rewarding to me as seeing Lil Wayne because he is that amazing. My girlfriend Leah made this dream possible as she bought tickets for our two year anniversary and we are so close to the stage that I don’t know how I am going to keep myself composed and I appreciate everything she has done for me. Sorry fellas, not trying to get sappy but I give credit where credit is due. Also Soulja Boy and Young Jeezy will be performing and Im excited for Jeezy and I guess seeing Soulja Boy will be interesting so it really should be a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment